Why are we open?
We are on the list of exempt companies on the GOV website that can remain open to allow drivers to maintain a roadworthy vehicle and keep you safe. There are still plenty of people still travelling to work, including keyworkers, NHS staff and emergency services and we want you to know we are here for your vehicle needs.
What are we doing to keep staff and customers safe?
Our top priority is keeping ourselves and customers safe. We have put additional practices into effect to ensure staff and customers can stay as safe as possible, such as:
– Keeping all surfaces in reception and around the workshop clean – these are sprayed and wiped down regularly including all door handles and the toilets.
– All staff members are following official guidelines and gloves are always worn when working on or moving vehicles.
– We are practicing social distancing as a company, and we kindly ask that all customers come down as individuals and respect our staff by standing back from the counter.
– We have spaced out the seating area in reception. We also have plenty of space outside to wait and practice social distancing whilst waiting to collect your vehicle.
– We ask that all customers wear a mask whilst waiting in reception.
If you are worried about leaving your house but need your vehicle to be looked at, we offer a mobile service. Usually there is a charge for this, but at the moment we are offering a free mobile call out within a 10 mile radius of Fleet. We are also offering free tyre and safety checks on cars and motorcycles.
It’s important to keep your vehicles in good, roadworthy condition, so please don’t hesitate to call us to get booked in.
We are grateful to still be open providing a key service. Thank you for supporting our small business during this time.